Saturday, May 07, 2005

Goin' to Califnorn-i-a

D. and I are going on vacation together. We're going to drive/take boats down to California together to stay in Br's mom's condo at the Monterey Bay resort. The dream skips around a lot, but all of it is intensley vivid.

We're at this huge relaxation spa. There is a big hot pool, a swimming pool. It's packed with older people, and my junkie-friend D. is there. A guy is walking around with a tray with partially drunk drinks on it. He offers us a samply, and it's like a chilled slurpie fruit drink - it's great, and D. says he wants to buy one. He pulls one out behind him, and when I look behind him, he's got a whole row stored on this string thing behind his back. D. has a green one, and sips it. I walk to go see if there are steam rooms. There is one room that I guess is in the intense steam room, so I keep looking down this hall to find a milder one. There is a room where people are training martial arts. It looks Thai, or Maori or something, and I peek in. There is a hot guy watching me look into the room, and we talk briefly about it. I keep looking for the steam room, and find this huge gymnasium. It has the same feel as the monster trucks that I went to once in real life - it's filled with "All American" thick, tanned athletese, and it's like that cheesy show that used to be on TV where muscular chicks play lame theme games (Knock your opponent off a tower, etc)

We're walking down the street that the bookstore is on. More good stores have opened up, and there's a new clothing store that is totally cool. I go in - they have amazing women's clothes - very stylish & unique, and they have delicious soaps. There is one that smells like oranges, and they say you can eat it too. There's men soaps and women's soaps. I pick out this darling little denim shirt - it's kind of like a babydoll shirt, with a sloped out hippie waist, and puffy cheeks, there is a little triangle slit by the neckline. That and an orange soap, I buy them, then realize that I haven't tried on the shirt.. I decide to try it on outside, and take it back if it doesn't fit. D. watches for other people, and I take my shirt off to put the other one on.

I'm at my house, packing for the trip. Now S. is there, and she's talking about how she's going to sell the dog crate that her chow chow came in. She has this piece of black luggage, and she's telling me how she doesn't have enough luggage anymore. I'm packing clothes, and doing things like thinking about the trip, and remembering that I need bathingsuits. It's vivid - I am packing my bikini, and my bathingsuit, and they are identical to what they are in real life. I am packing my goggles, and yell to D. to ask her if she has a pair for herself. I have everything that I need, and I'm packing my bag to the car, and putting it in the trunk.

I'm in a bookstore that also sells CDs. I am looking around, but they don't have a very good selection. The CDs are messy, and the girl that alphabetizes them once a week is just finishing organizing the first shelf. The store has a haphazardly messy look to it, but it's also very cozy. She also carries a line of delicious smelling soaps, very earthy and lovely. I am lying on the windowseat with my cat, SiskaC. She has falled asleep on my chest, but I'm still petting her anyways. Their bookstore cat comes out, but doesn't notice us. I tense up, because I think that Siska will be upset if she sees the cat. She wakes up, and they notice each other, but she doesn't really seem to care.

We're on a boat. It's a sitcom type situation now, and every week, they focus on one of the characters travelling on the boat. They do a close up of a black chick putting her bags on the bed. D. and I are doing it off camera, and she is not in the room with me as I get into bed. I'm brushing sand from along the edge of the bed, and banging my fist against the wood to know more grains loose from the the little ledge where they've become lodged. She comes in, and asks me if I like the bunk beds - they are very nice, mahogany slats, thick square poles, very modern, the mattress is very comfortable. She tells me that she bought them for 150 lire - that she doesn't know that that means, but that it's more than the 1.5 lire that it costs to buy a zebra, so she assumes that makes it cheaper. I marvel at the idea she knows how much it would cost to buy a zebra, and ask her what we're going to do with the bed once we arrive - dissassemble it & tie it to the roof of the car? She says that we might as well just leave it, and I'm a little shocked about this.

We're at Monterey Bay, and it's the same as I remember it with Br. We're watching the waves, and the light is just right. I feel very peaceful & happy, & tell D. that I truly love her. She says she loves me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home